Wednesday, November 08, 2006

11/8

I feel hopeful, for the first time in eight years. No need to be a jerk about it, the way the GOP was in '94--sweeping in and telling the Democrats to get lost. No need for that. The Democrats have been handed the keys--perhaps even in both houses--but only as the lesser of two evils. Now they've got to pony up something good, and take a hand in framing the debates for '08. They're not particularly good at framing debates. And "values" trumps "issues" every time. (The "values" card is a little war-torn these days--but it'll get rehabilitated. It always does.)

But whatever the Democracts do, Bush's imperial presidency is over. And that's reason enough to pop open a bottle of chianti tonight and breathe. Tomorrow's another day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

glad you're glad.
me too.
here's to change!

11:47 AM  
Blogger nancy =) said...

pour me a glass...

*clink*

here's to better days, my friends =)...

ding dong the witch is dead...

peace...

2:56 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Old Man said...

The GOP deserved to lose.

The Dems didn't deserve to win. I hope for the country' sake that they perform better than I think they well.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Grumpy Old Man said...

will.

5:54 PM  
Blogger I n g e r said...

Me too, G.

6:17 PM  
Blogger mckait said...

agreed

6:59 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

there is no way in hell that the democrats could fuck up the WORLD like the gop has.

you can hold me to that one.

9:31 PM  
Blogger MES said...

I am agreeing with Annie. The world is screwed up because of the GOP. I am so excited that we took the senate also.

Bush is finally going to have to compromise and stop bullying people to get his way.

It was nice waking up from an election night happy the next day.

Mary

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home